Downsizing Your Home and Estate Liquidation
A More Organized Lifestyle Starts with Downsizing
The starting point of a more organized lifestyle is downsizing your home. Our team is dedicated and has the experience to guide you through this process and help you decide what to keep and what to discard. Is it a need, a necessity or a want? Is it of value or is it valuable to you? Why move it if you don’t need it? These are some of the questions you need to ask yourself before you pay for packing and moving.
Estate Liquidation is a sale to downsize a substantial portion of a person’s personal property to facilitate a move. Often times this is brought about by the person’s passing, or the loss of a loved one resulting in a need to downsize prior to a move.
Downsizing Your Home Process
- Together with you, Home To Home will establish a strategy for your future needs
- Determine if it’s in your best interest to consider an Estate Liquidation
- Prepare a floor plan to visualize what furniture etc. goes where.
- We will visit your new location (if applicable) to determine how we can help with the arrangements
- Packing and shipping items to family members and friends, church, etc.
- Disposing of items no longer wanted or needed; sell, remove, or donate on your behalf
- Assist to sort your belongings to decide what will work in your new home and what won’t
Estate Liquidation Sales
Home To Home can assist in Estate Liquidations through a multitude of ways:
- Prepare a comprehensive quote, agree on a calendar, marketing strategy, and contract
- Research the value of items to be sold
- Arrange for appraisals if needed
- Inventory all items with significant value
- Determine initial pricing
- Merchandize and stage all items for sale in a commercial way
- Provide the proper, experienced staff to manage the sale efficiently and professionally
- Remove leftover items according to your wishes
- Perform home repairs and clean-out after the sale, in accordance with your wishes
Let's Talk About Your Needs
“RightSizing” or Downsizing- Sorting & Separation
Imagine walking into a situation where all the items in the home have been sorted by category and all you have to do is decide what you want to keep.
- Select Keep items for move to new place
- Sort items for Giving to children, family members, and friends
- Choose items to Sell
- Items for Donation of your choice
- Designate household items for Disposal of at waste station
- Metal for Recycling/Buyback center
- Decide on documents for Shredding
- Pick items for Storage and Storing Arrangements
- Sending/Shipping items to relatives
- Transportation to another location
“Did you know that Americans age 85 and above comprise the fastest-growing segment of the U.S. population?”
Owner, Home to Home Guilford
Why Choose Home to Home Moving Company in NC?
Professional Vehicles, Drivers, trained Movers and packing specialists
We don't outsource our movers. We use our own experienced, quality movers, professional packers, and moving trucks. As a local NC small business moving company, we provide the personal attention and direct communication that so often lacks with the big national chains.
Licensed & Insured
The safety and protection of your items are just as important to us as it is to you, that's why we are certified, licensed and fully insured. We carry the maximum insurance limits available for liability and cargo. We provide standard required insurance free of charge. Additional full value insurance is available upon request at a competitive rate. High Value items can even be insured separately.
Affordable, Honest, & Experienced Movers
Reliable and trusted movers, Home to Home provides exceptional value. When you hire us, you're hiring the skills and experience gained from over 10 years of moving homes, apartments and offices. Whether your move is across the street or state to state we strive to make your experience a smooth transition from start to finish.
What are the real benefits of using HOME TO HOME'S LOCAL, LONG DISTANCE, and SENIOR MOVING services?
Caring, dependable, and experienced, Home to Home provides clients with exceptional value. We have significant expertise in resources and approaches that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results. Services are client-centered and personalized to meet the client’s needs and preferences. Families, particularly, should never doubt the power of an outside expert!
exactly WHAT does Home To Home do?
Home To Home is a locally-owned moving company with specialized focuses offered, such as Downsizing, Estate Liquidations, and Senior Move Management. We are specially equipped to assist older adults and their families with the emotional and physical aspects of relocation and/or “age-in-place.” Our Team shares a profound commitment to connecting with older adults and a desire to perform meaningful work.
What makes Home To Home different from just a moving company?
Trusted and professional movers, we're here to help. We provide a multi-faceted approach to the move process: from space planning in the beginning to post-move support and advocacy. We minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process. We are responsible for creating and executing a seamless action plan, customized to the client’s wishes. This helps to avoid costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
Home To Home does so much more than simply sort, settle and move boxes; with loads of energy, enthusiasm, and experience, we take the worry (and work!) out of the moving process. The client’s job is to simply enjoy their new living arrangement.
Who does Home To Home serve?
- Older adults
- Family members
- Bank and Trust Officers
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Social Service Providers / Social Workers
- Senior Living Communities
- Physicians and allied health providers
- Staging Professionals
I need help with my mom's move...Can I still contact Home To Home in Guilford to do just some of the work?
Yes we offer a full menu of moving services from which you can choose and you pay accordingly. Our ultimate goal is to ease the stress of the move process for older adults and family members, not add to your concerns.
How much do your MOVING services cost?
Our in-house no obligation quotes are free! however, it’s virtually impossible to calculate what a specific move might cost as the fee depends on the services requested. We will always outline the cost of a job through a written quotation prior to starting the work. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit cards.
Start Your Home Moving Quote Here
505 Lausanne Dr,
Greensboro, NC 27410
Call now to schedule your free, no-obligation moving quote